I am currently accepting students in-person in the New York City area as well as online via Skype. Be sure to contact me directly if you wish to book a lesson, or have any other questions.
Why take lessons with me?
Since I was a teenager, I’ve been lucky to have some of the best teachers and mentors any musician could ask for. Every one of them had a hand in transforming me as a musician and as a person, both opening my mind as well as giving me the tools to improve for a lifetime. As a lifelong student of music, I fully understand the value great teachers can add to the journey of any musician. As a teacher, I try to reflect this experience in every student I have regardless of ability or age. If you have a passion for learning, a curious mind and a strong work ethic, I can help you reach whatever goals you choose to pursue.
Along with reading, technique, theory and other essentials, you will learn many of the methods I have developed over the years that have helped me in my journey as a world-music bassist. These include:
- Transforming your understanding of rhythm.
- Expanding your musical palette as a bassist and musician.
- How to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls most often made when learning Latin music and other rhythmically challenging genres.
- How to learn any style of music effectively.
- How to make the most of your practice time and really get the results you’ve always wanted. Learn to love the process!
- How to efficiently learn even the most difficult music through proper transcription and practicing techniques.
- How to properly prepare for gigs and performances in order to get called back every time!
- The choice of in-person lessons, for those in the New York City area, and online lessons via Skype for anyone, regardless of geographic location.
When am I available?
The following business hours are a general outline of my teaching schedule. Be sure to contact me directly to see if we can find a time that works best for you.
Lesson Packages and Pricing
Here you will find the various lesson packages I offer. The prices apply to both in-person and online lessons via Skype. Be sure to contact me directly first if you wish to book a lesson, or have any other questions.